DISCLAIMER: THIS IS WHERE WE PUT THE EMBARRASSING GIBBERISH THAT'S ONLY FOR ASO.
Discover daily mindfulness and meditation with Sam Harris—neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author—and explore the theory behind meditation practice. Daily guided meditation sessions, lessons on zen, the stoic path, on-demand mindfulness sessions, as well as a practice timer will build your understanding, balance your mind, make your practice shine, and help turn meditation into a new habit. For inquiring and curious minds, learn the related science, philosophy, and ethics in short audio lessons with Sam and through his extended conversations with other influential meditation teachers, scientists, and scholars.
4 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WAKING UP:
- Guided meditation practice to take you deeper: You can reduce stress, sleep better, and improve your relationships, but the real purpose of meditation is to understand yourself and realize you are not your thoughts.
- Theory to help you understand mindfulness: Explore the theory behind meditation practice, including over 400 lessons and conversations on nonduality, enlightenment, zen, stoicism, Dzogchen, Advaita, and more.
- Daily mindfulness reminders: Listen to short audio reflections from Sam Harris to help you stay present in your daily life.
- Free meditation trial for 7 days: Learn how to meditate, listen to lessons and conversations with mindfulness teachers, and build your meditation habit.
DOWNLOAD WAKING UP AND ENJOY ALL THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Guided meditation: Practice sessions for morning, day, or evening meditation. Suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced meditators alike.
- Introductory Course: A progressive, introductory course that will teach you the basic principles of mindfulness meditation, along with more advanced practices.
- Daily meditations: After completing the Introductory Course, you will continue your practice with our growing catalog of daily meditations.
- Lessons: Listen to short talks on science, philosophy, and the nature of mind.
- Guided Conversations: With a wide range of teachers, scholars, and scientists.
- Meditation timer so you can track and monitor your progress.
- Support for Family Sharing. The primary account holder can add up to 5 family members.
- Integration with Apple Health app, adding Mindful Minutes in the Mindfulness category.
ABOUT SAM HARRIS
Sam Harris is the author of five New York Times best sellers, including Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion. His writing and public lectures cover a wide range of topics—neuroscience, meditation, moral philosophy, religion, rationality—but generally focus on how a growing understanding of ourselves and the world is changing our sense of how we should live. Sam has practiced meditation for over 30 years and has studied with many Tibetan, Indian, Burmese, and Western meditation teachers, both in the United States and abroad. He received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.